It’s Tuesday, July 25, which means the Elkhart County 4-H Fair has reached its halfway point.
And just as a reminder heading into the latter stages of the week, here’s some quick tips to enhance your 4-H Fair experience.
Gates open daily at 8:30 a.m. and the midway rides close at 11 p.m. Parking and grandstand seating is free on a first-come, first-serve basis. Fair admission is $8, and free for children age 9-and-under. For additional information, call 574-533-FAIR.
- Website: www.4hfair.org — Links are available to all 4-H Fair schedules, 4-H Results, from the livestock and animal exhibits, to the Youth Park and Heritage Park Stage and to the concert series and carnival rides.
- Tickets: Advanced gate and grandstand seating tickets can be purchased online off the website.
- Mobile App: Designed for iPhones and Androids, fans can find daily fair updates from their smartphones.
- Livestream 4-H Fair Radio: A daily collection of interviews and updates showcasing Fair personalities, events and schedules.
The Mobile App, Livestream 4-H Radio and Ticket Ordering can be found on the www.4hfair.org home page.
For fans coming to the 4-H Fair, the top hours of traffic flow are from 5-8 p.m. daily. Despite the road improvements in Goshen, there are still plenty of thoroughfares in and out of the fairgrounds.
- From Elkhart: A good, alternative route coming into Goshen on U.S. 33 to Greene Road on the west side of town. South on Greene Road to S.R. 119 (Plymouth Ave.). East on 119 to South Main Street. South on South Main to College Ave. East on College Ave. (C.R. 36). Enter the fairgrounds at the C.R. 36 “Express” entrance.
- From Elkhart & Bristol: U.S. 20 east to C.R. 27, which is just east of S.R. 15. South (right) on C.R. 27 to C.R. 28 just north of Goshen. East on C.R. 28 to C.R. 127. South on C.R. 127 to S.R. 4 on Goshen’s east side. Go a 1/4-mile east to C.R. 29, then south on C.R. 29 to C.R. 34. Turn right on to C.R. 34 to enter the fairgrounds at Gate 7.
- From Millersburg & Middlebury: S.R. 13 south to C.R. 34., or S.R. 13 to S.R. 4, west on S.R. 4 to C.R. 29. Then C.R. 29 south to C.R. 34.
- From Nappanee & Wakarusa: S.R. 119 east into Goshen to South Main Street. South on South Main to College Ave. East on College Ave. (C.R. 36). Enter the fairgrounds at the C.R. 36 “Express” entrance.
The 2017 Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs through Saturday, July 29.