It’s been a whirlwind 2017 season for the Elkhart County 4-H Fair … a stunning week of fans, 4-H’ers, food and fabulous weather.
Saturday’s forecast calls for more brilliant sunshine and a high in the upper 70s. The midway rides will open at noon and it’s the final Wristband Day. The $25 wristbands will be sold until 4:30 and can be used from noon to 6 p.m.
As the Fair’s last day kicks off, most of the 4-H animals and displays will be gone from the barns. The Open Class Holstein judging begins at 9:30 a.m. and the last true 4-H event, the annual “Battle of the Barns,” will take plast at 2 p.m. in the Saddle Club Barn Area.
Two more fan-friendly events are planned for the Grandstand — a Firefighters’ Challenge, which begins around 10:45, and the annual Demolition Derby show at 7 p.m.
Beginning at 9 a.m. and running to 3 p.m at the track infield is the Classic Car Cruise-In.
For special tasty treats, a “Best of Michiana Ribs” contest is set for noon at the 4-H Lamb Barn.
To celebrate National Dance Day, the Heritage Park Stage will be filled with a variety of activities from 1:30 to 7 p.m.
SCHEDULE: A full schedule of the day’s events around the 4-H Fairgrounds can be found at www.4hfair.org.
General admission to the 4-H Fair is $8. Parking is free as are the grandstand events.
What you should know about Day 7:
- K9 Crew Trick Dog Show, 2 p.m., 5 p.m., 7 p.m. — A comedic collection of dog skits and stunts at the Family Entertainment Center
- Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 8 p.m. — High-wire pirate themed performances at the Jayco Family Fun Center
- Timberworks Lumberjack Show, 3 p.m, 6 p.m., 8 p.m. — The power and skill of some of the nation’s top lumberjacks at the Hollyhock Entertainment Center.
- Handicap parking is available at Gate 2 and Gate 7, with permit displayed
- Bicycle and motorcycle parking located near Gate 2. Bikes are not permitted within the inner grounds of the Fair.
- Parking trams are available on the fairgrounds and are free of charge. Trams operate daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m in the east parking area.
- Wheelchair rental is available at the 4-H Fair office.
- Designated smoking areas are available.