Hold onto your hats and plug ears … it’s time to rev up with the big boys.
After a week of spectacular sounds filling the grandstand area, the track will be overwhelmed by the roars of the annual tractor pull. The Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League brings it professional tour to the Elkhart County 4-H Fair for a full day of competition.
Admission to the grandstand is free.
Beginning at 11 am. is Session 1 for the Champions Series, which includes Modified 2-Wheel Drive Trucks, Super Farm Tractors & Light Weight Super Stock Tractors. Session 2 features Super Modified Tractors, Hot Rod Semi’s, Pro Stock Tractors, Unlimited Super Stock Tractors.
There also will be Mini Rod Tractors & Pro Stock Diesel Trucks in the Silver Series. At 6 p.m., a local diesel pickup trucks and more Lucas Oil pulls ramp up.
4-H Parade of Champions
At 5:30 p.m., the Round Robin Small Animal Showmanship Contest is set to begin followed by the annual 4-H Parade of Champions at 6:30 p.m. in the Beef/Dairy Arena. The Large Animal Showmanship Contest will start at 7:30 p.m.
Basketball 3-on-3 Finals
The air also will be filled with basketballs in the evening. Weather permitting, the finales in the popular 3-on-3 basketball tournament will tip off at the courts at the west end of the fairgrounds. Games will begin at 6 p.m.
Following the championship contests, the high-flying slam dunk and 3-point shooting contests will be staged at 8:30 p.m., cost is $5.00.
SCHEDULE: A full schedule of the day’s events around the 4-H Fairgrounds can be found at www.4hfair.org.
WEATHER: Cool start to the day with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon hours, with an expected high of 82.
What you should know about Day 7:
- K9 Crew Trick Dog Show, 2 p.m., 5 p.m., 7 p.m. — A comedic collection of dog skits and stunts at the Family Entertainment Center
- Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 8 p.m. — High-wire pirate themed performances at the Jayco Family Fun Center
- Timberworks Lumberjack Show, 3 p.m, 6 p.m., 8 p.m. — The power and skill of some of the nation’s top lumberjacks at the Hollyhock Entertainment Center.
- Handicap parking is available at Gate 2 and Gate 7, with permit displayed
- Bicycle and motorcycle parking located near Gate 2. Bikes are not permitted within the inner grounds of the Fair.
- Parking trams are available on the fairgrounds and are free of charge. Trams operate daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m in the east parking area.
- Wheelchair rental is available at the 4-H Fair office.
- Designated smoking areas are available.